Description: Production Manager
Production Manager Job Purpose: Assures consistent quality and timeliness of production by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practices (cGMP). enforcing HACCP principles, enforcing SQF (food safety management system) codes; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff.
Production Manager Job Duties:
- Create and implement production schedules to ensure timely production for our clients.
- Track inventory and losses. The Production Manager will also be responsible for loss prevention plans and procedures.
- Process incoming purchase orders. Candidate will be responsible for helping create purchase orders for raw supplies needed to complete production runs.
- Create, implement and maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for all production processes.
- Manage production techs by coaching on proper procedural adherence and skill of craft technique.
- Communicate with clients and vendors to assure supply chain and production chain are adequately maintained.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly reports for all aspects of production.
- Work with shipping companies to ensure proper shipment of material.
- Maintain and repair production equipment as needed.
- Remain up to date with developments in regulatory requirements, industry standards and trends.
Skills/Qualifications: Candidates need to be proficient in process improvement, mechanical knowledge, good manufacturing practices, multitasking and staff management. Candidates must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office is required. Knowledge of inventory management systems and shipping requirements is also beneficial.
College degree in Food Science or related field preferred or job related experience.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, skills, and demonstrated proficiency.
Seth LeGrand – Plant Manager, Vireo Resources
461 Plattsmouth NE 68048
Please email or mail/drop off resume and cover letter.