Description: Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Technician Job Purpose: Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practice (cGMP), enforcing HACCP principles, enforcing SQF (food safety management system) codes; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff.
Quality Assurance Technician Job Duties:
- Achieves quality assurance by enforcing policies and procedures (FDA, USDA, SQF, OSHA, etc.).
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets quality assurance by initiating corrective actions.
- Validates quality processes by writing and updating quality assurance procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; collaborating with members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prepare daily product shipments via UPS and/or FedEx.
Skills/Qualifications: Process Improvement, Analyzing Information , Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication skills a must, Informing Others, Quality Engineering, Emphasizing Excellence, Pharmacology/Food Science, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity. Ability to multitask. Complete understanding of quality management system. Positive culture and team building.
College degree in Food Science or related field preferred or job related experience.
Probationary period spent training to operate, set up, tear down, clean and maintain all production equipment per the SOP’s and SSOP’s. This qualifies QA techs to train new employees. Training of all OSHA regulations. Training for all QA documentation, policies and procedures. Training on processing inventory.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, skills, and demonstrated proficiency.
Carmon Yusten- QA Manager, Vireo Resources
461 Plattsmouth NE 68048
Please email or mail/drop off resume and cover letter.